We will be meeting at the Riverwalk Church of Christ this Saturday, February 16, 2019, at 1:00 pm. Please feel free to bring a friend to help us out with our charity projects. Yarn will be provided or you can bring your own; all you need to bring is your love for crochet and an assortment of hook sizes from H-J. We hope to see you there.
RiverWalk Church of Christ
225 N. Waco
Monday February 18, 2019
10:00 am -12:00 pm and/or 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
New and Old Business
- Charity Crochet will be Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at RiverWalk Church of Christ. We will be working on red hats and lapghans for the nursing home in Haysville. The guild will provide yarn. Just bring your hooks and your love for crochet. Please bring and invite anyone who loves to make simple items.
- Monthly Challenge: Anything crocheted into a Heart.
- Yearly Dues are $25 per year starting in January or if you would like, you can pay for two years and only pay $45.
- If you had your dues paid by the end of the January evening meeting, you will eligible to win a really cool prize. The drawing for the prize will be held at this months morning meeting.
- Spring Retreat this year will be April 12-14. We will be retreating at the Potter Creek Lodge outside of Pretty Prairie, Kansas. The address is 6310 W Fountain Green Road. The retreat will cost $45 per person and the lodge can only hold up to 18 people. In order to secure your space at the Spring Retreat you will need to pay half or if you want to you can pay the total amount of $45 at the meeting in February. More details will be handed out at this months meeting.
- Dinner before the evening meeting (around 5:00 pm) will be at Saigon Restaurant at 1103 N Broadway.
Jacob’s Ladder (Stitch)
Delia Hat (Pattern)
Taught by Susan Emerson and Donna Jones
Any Chunky Yarn
Hook: Size J/10/6.00 MM
Yarn Needle and Scissors
Pattern will be available at the meeting
SHOW N’ SHARE
Bring any projects that you have completed or working on and share with everyone.
The guild is always accepting door prizes, so if you have something that is crochet related in your stash of goodies and no longer need it and would like to donate to our door prizes, please feel free to do so. Donations are strictly voluntary. And remember they should be something that you would like to receive yourself.
Next Guild Meeting Monday March 18, 2019.
Find us on Facebook.
- Yearly dues are due this month (if you haven’t paid). If you have your dues paid by the end of the evening meeting you will get your name in a drawing to win a bag of goodies.
- Don’t forget any library books that you need to turn in.
- Chapter Challenge for this month is a crocheted heart.
- Dinner before guild this evening is at 5:00 pm at El Patio. El Patio is located at 424 E Central and is a small Mexican restaurant. I would like to get a head count, so that I can notify them ahead of time for how many they will need to set up for. So, please let us know if you are planning on going to dinner.
Good Saturday Morning! This is Tamara! I plan on being at the church at 1:00. The roads are fairly clear and lots of people are out and about. But, I totally understand if people don’t want to get out in this cold weather.
I will be sitting sewing squares together to make lapghans for some very lucky nursing home people.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and weekend.
We will be meeting at the Riverwalk Church of Christ this Saturday, January 19, 2019, at 1:00 pm. Please feel free to bring a friend to help us out with our charity projects. Yarn will be provided or you can bring your own; all you need to bring is your love for crochet and an assortment of hook sizes from H-J. We hope to see you there.