- Yearly dues are due this month (if you haven’t paid). If you have your dues paid by the end of the evening meeting you will get your name in a drawing to win a bag of goodies.
- Don’t forget any library books that you need to turn in.
- Chapter Challenge for this month is a crocheted heart.
- Dinner before guild this evening is at 5:00 pm at El Patio. El Patio is located at 424 E Central and is a small Mexican restaurant. I would like to get a head count, so that I can notify them ahead of time for how many they will need to set up for. So, please let us know if you are planning on going to dinner.
Good Saturday Morning! This is Tamara! I plan on being at the church at 1:00. The roads are fairly clear and lots of people are out and about. But, I totally understand if people don’t want to get out in this cold weather.
I will be sitting sewing squares together to make lapghans for some very lucky nursing home people.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and weekend.
We will be meeting at the Riverwalk Church of Christ this Saturday, January 19, 2019, at 1:00 pm. Please feel free to bring a friend to help us out with our charity projects. Yarn will be provided or you can bring your own; all you need to bring is your love for crochet and an assortment of hook sizes from H-J. We hope to see you there.
RiverWalk Church of Christ
225 N. Waco
Monday January 21, 2019
10:00 am -12:00 pm and/or 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
New and Old Business
- Charity Crochet will be Saturday, January 17, 2019 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at RiverWalk Church of Christ. We will be working on red hats and 10″ squares to make into lapghans. The guild will provide yarn. Just bring your hooks and your love for crochet. Please bring and invite anyone who loves to make simple items.
- Monthly Challenge: There is no monthly challenge due this month, but if you made a Christmas item with the Apache Tears pattern please bring that.
- Yearly Dues are due by the end of January’s evening meeting. Dues are $25 per year starting in January or if you would like, you can pay for two years and only pay $45. If you have your dues paid by the evening meeting, you will get your name placed into a drawing for a cool prize. The drawing for the cool prize will be held at the February’s morning meeting.
- Here is a list of the people who have paid their dues for 2019 and 2020.
2019: Terry Alcorn, Carrie Bateman, Naomi Berends, Catherine Blocher, Debbie Crowley, Christa Engels, Kim Engels, Tamara Gonzales, Shawna Glasscock, Staci Hackler-Raines, Sheila Hoyt, Donna Jones, Marsha Nicholas, and Linda Young
2019-2020: Doreen Foster, Linda Gibson, and Robin Smith
- Save the dates of April 11-14, 2019 for the weekend of our Spring Retreat. More information will be available soon.
- Dinner before the evening meeting (around 5:00 pm) will be at El Patio Mexican Restaurant at 424 E Central. (next door to where Baysinger Police Supply used to be) Between Emporia and Topeka on the north side of the street.
Mile a Minute (Stitch)
Chain of Hearts (Pattern)
Taught by Susan Emerson and Donna Jones
Any Worsted Weight Yarn, Up to Three Colors
(Whatever colors you would like to use for the Chain of Hearts Pattern)
Hook: Size I/9/5.50 MM
Yarn Needle and Scissors
Pattern will be available at the meeting
SHOW N’ SHARE
Bring any projects that you have completed or working on and share with everyone.
The guild is always accepting door prizes, so if you have something that is crochet related in your stash of goodies and no longer need it and would like to donate to our door prizes, please feel free to do so. Donations are strictly voluntary. And remember they should be something that you would like to receive yourself.
Next Guild Meeting Monday February 18, 2019.
Find us on Facebook.