We will be meeting at the Riverwalk Church of Christ this Saturday, March 16, 2019, at 1:00 pm. Please feel free to bring a friend to help us out with our charity projects. Yarn will be provided or you can bring your own; all you need to bring is your love for crochet and an assortment of hook sizes from H-J. We hope to see you there.
RiverWalk Church of Christ
225 N. Waco
Monday March 18, 2019
10:00 am -12:00 pm and/or 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
New and Old Business
- Charity Crochet will be Saturday, March 16, 2019 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at RiverWalk Church of Christ. We will be working on red hats and lapghans for the nursing home in Haysville. The guild will provide yarn. Just bring your hooks and your love for crochet. Please bring and invite anyone who loves to make simple items.
- Monthly Challenge: Anything made with bulky yarn.
- Yearly Dues are $25 per year starting in January or if you would like, you can pay for two years and only pay $45.
- Spring Retreat this year is April 12-14. The retreat will be at the Potter Creek Lodge outside of Pretty Prairie, Kansas. The address is 6310 W Fountain Green Road. The project will be the Boho Tunic and the pattern will be handed out during the retreat. If anyone is interested in just going to the retreat for the day and you are a member of the guild, the cost will be $20. If you are interested in this, please get with Susie or Tamara.
- Dinner before the evening meeting (around 5:00 pm) will be at the Monarch at 579 W Douglas.
Our Own Catherine Blocher will be with us to share her knowledge of substituting yarn and how to read our yarn wrappers.
You may bring your own project to work on this month or we will have the pattern to start your Spring Bunting (banner) for the April Chapter Challenge.
You can use any size of yarn that you want for your Spring Bunting (banner). Just remember the bigger the yarn the bigger your bunting will be. 🙂 And remember to bring the size of hook that your yarn wrapper recommends.
Here is an example of how the bunting can look:
Bunting Pattern will be available at the meeting
SHOW N’ SHARE
Bring any projects that you have completed or working on and share with everyone.
The guild is always accepting door prizes, so if you have something that is crochet related in your stash of goodies and no longer need it and would like to donate to our door prizes, please feel free to do so. Donations are strictly voluntary. And remember they should be something that you would like to receive yourself.
Next Guild Meeting Monday April 15, 2019.
Find us on Facebook.